I’ve been struggling for weeks with what to watch this season for tv. Do I want to add more comedies? Is there room for another drama? So many questions and less than a week to go until the major premiers start happening.
I don’t know about anyone else, but I am more reliant on my DVR now than I ever have been. I find this is because Hubs and I keep relatively different schedules and watch most of our shows together.
So without further adieu, here are my recommendations.
- At 8PM, How I Met Your Mother. Although, I don’t hold out much hope for this particular series anymore. I’ve been let down way too many times, and the new “let’s finally meet the mother storyline seems too good to be true.
- Also at 8PM, you’ll find House. I’ve always loved this one. I find that I enjoy recording it and watching it right away. Unfortunately, FOX and Verizon do not have any type of agreement for OnDemand programming, so I can’t say just look for this one OnDemand like I would for some other favorites.
- At 9PM, Two and a Half Men. This is another show that’s been around for awhile, but has started lacking in overall story.
- At 10PM is one of my favorites, Castle. But this one you can find OnDemand.
- Check out the new Hawaii 5-0, also at 10PM. I’m not so sure about this one, mostly because there’s been so much hype around it. I’ll give it 3-episodes.
- At 8PM, a fan favorite Glee will be there to watch and love and sing along with.
- No Ordinary Family with Julie Benz will also show up in the 8PM spot. I love Julie Benz, and I like the idea of superheroes. This happens to be an ABC show, so I may or may not try to check it out OnDemand. If it’s good enough, I’ll just have to watch it live or DVR it.
- At 10PM, watch Parenthood. You will often find NBC shows OnDemand, but it’s still a great show to watch.
- Check out a new JJ Abrams show at 8PM. Undercovers. It looks good, but only time will tell.
- At 9PM, my new guilty pleasure Hellcats is on. Yes. I enjoy shows about cheerleaders. It might be awful, but it’s like a car wreck or going to a hockey game.
- Also at 9PM is Modern Family. You’d be a fool to miss this Emmy Award Winning show.
- At 9:30PM, watch Cougar Town. Although it’s less about cougaring and more about dysfunctional families, it’s still pretty good. And Jennifer Aniston will be making a cameo this season.
- At 8PM, on a Thursday night which is the most jampacked night for tv, you should be watching Community. If you caught it last season, you’re in for a treat in the next season. If you missed it, well… you missed a lot.
- Also at 8PM on CBS is The Big Bang Theory. Enough said.
- At 9PM you should watch The Office. It is Steve Carrell’s last season, and it would be a shame to miss it. Even though I think they should throw in the towel after this…
- I’m a HUGE Grey’s Anatomy fan. You’ll find it at 9PM on ABC. However, if you miss it, you might be able to catch in OnDemand.
- If you like Grey’s, you probably like Private Practice, which is on immediately after at 10PM.
- You should be trying to catch up on anything you missed and delete things from your DVR to make room for the following week. I don’t usually find anything of interest on Friday nights, but you can be the judge.
- Get outside. Enjoy some fresh air. Come home, rent a movie and relax. Or… go out. Have date night. There’s nothing really good on anyway.
- At 8PM, you can find a classic staple in American television, The Simpsons.
- At 9PM, you MUST watch Dexter on Showtime. Period. The End.
So, Gentle Readers, those are my opinions on what to watch this season. I’m sure as the season gears up, there will be some changes to the lineup.
What will YOU be watching this fall season?