I don’t think Leverage is just your average summer replacement show anymore. Actually, I never did. I loved the show since the moment I sat down to marathon what was On Demand.
And there was a Leverage mini-marathon yesterday afternoon on TNT leading up to the season finale. Because who doesn’t love a marathon?
But the best part about the finale was the short promo for the upcoming season. It went on to say that even though this season is over, they are still in production and will be returning in September. And that just tickles me pink.
Honestly though, after this season, I was left wanting a little more from the finale. I felt it should have been a 2-hour deal and should have gone into more with that whole Moreau storyline. It definitely left something to be desired.
Things I absolutely LOVED:
- Eliot and Hardison. Their scenes together always make me giggle, but just throwing them together for con after con and watching them interact when they’re butting heads about what they both think they should be doing is absolutely hysterical
- Eliot being gung-ho about saving people… or more accurately, kids.
- Hardison being an ass-kicking geek. It’s clear Eliot had an influence on him because at the beginning of the series, Hardison constantly complained about how he just wanted to sit behind the computer and do the hacking. Now? He’s kicking asses and taking names.
- Parker was great. Her scene in the airport hiding from the FBI agent was nothing short of funny. She got to play the “grifter” in this episode so Sophie could go off and focus on another part of the con. Her mantra had to be: Don’t stab. Don’t stab. Don’t stab. Classic
Things I didn’t care for:
- I’m not a fan of the way the episode ended. It felt like it was cleaned up a little too neatly. And again, I really felt it should have been a 2-hour episode.
- I was a little wigged out by the previews for this finale. There were obvious clips from the episode that didn’t give anything away. But the clip of a dead Parker just seemed a little bit much.
The best thing ever? Leverage will be coming back in December. And I really can’t wait.