Thursday night on the Office marked a HUGE milestone in Office history: Jim and Pam finally got married!
I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to do a live post or a semi-live post, and I took notes all during the episode. But re-reading over the notes I took, I don’t think that such an event would warrant a live or semi-live post.
ANYway. Jim and Pam are married!
And what could be more awesome? Not much.
The entire episode wasn’t the strongest I’ve seen, but watching the culmination 5 or more years of Jim and Pam just goofing around the Office was enough to make it a really great episode.
A few things that happened:
- Andy did a split and injured his scrotum. And THEN asked Pam – the BRIDE – to drive him to the Emergency room. Wow.
- Dwight is a ladies man. He slept with the Maid of Honor, and literally did a very un-Dwight thing by blowing her off after. It was hysterical.
- Jim and Pam had a backup plan. Jim says “I bought the tickets as soon as I saw the video on youtube.” Meaning, the video of the entire bridal party dancing down the aisle to a song. And Jim and Pam ACTUALLY got married on a boat in the middle of Niagara Falls. Good plan, Jim. But the dancing down the aisle was hilarious anyway.
- Michael and Pam’s mom. Ew… And Pam’s mom is different in this episode than in her original appearance back in the Sexual Harrassment episode of season 2. But still, Michael and Pam’s mom? Gross.
- Kevin had tissue boxes for shoes. And fake hair. I couldn’t figure out why he looked so different in the commercials for the episode. And then he mentioned that he wanted to have an edge, so he bought fake hair. Way to go, Kevin!
Honestly, there was so much going on in the episode, but all those things are what made it great. And also, Jim and Pam are married.
I wanted to cry.
Because who doesn’t love a good wedding?
Jim had a great speech/toast during the rehearsal dinner.
Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, which was to wait. And don’t get me wrong, I flirted with her…I just had little moments with a girl who saw me as a friend. And a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl who I worked with, but I think that even then I knew that I was waiting for my wife.
Awww, Jim. But seriously, gentle readers. I think that was a great way to tell their story. So many screw ups and mishaps, and debauchery all around. I think that was the Office way to have a wedding.
And I can’t wait to see the deleted scenes!
What did you think about Jim and Pam’s wedding?