September 17, 2009
I’ve been thinking – now that I have cable and my DVR set up, it’s high time I brought back a recurring post that I like to call DVR Roulette. I had tried doing this a while back, but unfortunately, I could not find the time. However, I think I’m going to make a little more effort, and really bring you some quality posts. And besides, who doesn’t love a recurring post every week? I know I do!
So, every week, I’ll let you know what’s on, what’s new, what’s not, and what I’ll be watching and recording.
So, for next week: September 21-27
Monday, Sept. 21
- Dancing With the Stars, 8 p.m. (ABC)
- Heroes, 8 p.m. (NBC)
- House, 8 p.m. (Fox)
- How I Met Your Mother, 8 p.m. (CBS)
- Accidentally on Purpose, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)
- Two and a Half Men, 9 p.m. (CBS)
- The Big Bang Theory, 9:30 p.m. (CBS)
- Castle, 10 p.m. (ABC)
- CSI: Miami, 10 p.m. (CBS)
This premiere week is going to be a difficult one. Mostly because there’s SOOOO much to watch, and a lot of things conflict. It’s a good thing that websites like Hulu and various network sites exist, because my DVR can only handle two recordings at a time. I’m thinking the sitcoms will take precedence to watch live. HIMYM, Big Bang, and Two and a Half Men will all be watched live. Probably. And I think I’ll record House this week. Heroes will have to be an afterthought. Seriously, I wasn’t much into it last season, so it’s not very high on my priority list. And I’m definitely thinking that Castle is going to be recorded and watched. I want to get a feel for Nathan Fillion in a different role.
Tuesday, Sept. 22
- NCIS, 8 p.m. (CBS)
- NCIS: Los Angeles, 9 p.m. (CBS)
- The Forgotten, 10 p.m. (ABC)
- The Good Wife, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Ummm… I actually have no desire to watch ANY of those shows. Maybe The Forgotten. Christian Slater didn’t get much of a chance in his show last season, and he’s really a fantastic television actor. But nothing else really seems to stand out.
Wednesday, Sept. 23
- Mercy, 8 p.m. (NBC)
- The New Adventures of Old Christine, 8 p.m. (CBS)
- Gary Unmarried, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)
- Criminal Minds, 9 p.m. (CBS)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, 9 p.m. (NBC)
- Modern Family, 9 p.m. (ABC)
- Cougar Town, 9:30 p.m. (ABC)
- CSI: NY, 10 p.m. (CBS)
- Eastwick, 10 p.m. (ABC)
Wednesday is an interesting night for television. I’ve seen previews for Modern Family, and Chriso has an expressed interest in watching it, so we’ll give it a chance. And Gary Unmarried was funny last season, so that is worth a try. And then there’s Cougar Town with Courtney Cox. I LOVED her in Dirt, the short-lived, 2-season FX show, but I’m really excited to see her in an actual sitcom again.
Thursday, Sept. 24
- Flash Forward, 8 p.m. (ABC)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, 9 p.m. (CBS)
- Grey’s Anatomy, 9 p.m. (ABC)
- The Mentalist, 10 p.m. (CBS)
I didn’t list the other shows that are usually on Thursday nights. Mostly because I’m still getting through the premiers. But I will definitely be watching the Office. I may have to take a look at Grey’s Anatomy. I didn’t watch much of it last season, but what I’ve found is that ABC shows don’t stream online very well, whether it be on the ABC site or Hulu or wherever. What does that mean? Watch it live. Or record it. Thursdays are usually full of GREAT programming… I swear, I’ll have it all figured out in a few weeks and a regular TV-viewing schedule on the books.
Friday, Sept. 25
- Brothers, 8 p.m. (Fox)
- Smallville, 8 p.m. (CW)
- Ghost Whisperer, 8 p.m. (CBS)
- Law & Order, 8 p.m. (NBC)
- Dollhouse, 9 p.m. (Fox)
- Southland, 9 p.m. (NBC)
- Medium, 9 p.m. (CBS)
- Numb3rs, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Dollhouse. Dollhouse. Dollhouse. Dollhouse. Dollhouse. Honestly, I can’t watch Smallville because I have several seasons to catch up on. And I can’t stand Jennifer Love Hewitt, so Ghost Whisperer is out. So, at the moment, Dollhouse is the only thing that matters on Friday night.
Saturday, Sept. 26
- Saturday Night Live, 11:30 p.m. (NBC)
Um, this one is a little up in the air. I may watch the premiere to see what the season is going to look like, but to be perfectly honest, I may just go to bed. I don’t think I’ll go out of my way to watch.
Sunday, Sept. 27
- 60 Minutes, 7 p.m. (CBS)
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, 7 p.m. (ABC)
- The Amazing Race, 8 p.m. (CBS)
- The Simpsons, 8 p.m. (Fox)
- The Cleveland Show, 8:30 p.m. (Fox)
- Desperate Housewives, 9 p.m. (ABC)
- Dexter, 9 p.m. (Showtime)
- Family Guy, 9 p.m. (Fox)
- American Dad, 9:30 p.m. (Fox)
- Brothers & Sisters, 10 p.m. (ABC)
- Cold Case, 10 p.m. (CBS)
- Californication, 10 p.m. (Showtime)
Well, I’ve been a FOX-fan for quite some time now, so I’ll probably watch the Simpsons, The Family Guy and want to check out the spinoff of that, which is the Cleveland Show. Sadly, I do not have Showtime, otherwise Dexter would be at the top of my “to watch” list. Seriously. I even got my mom into watching Dexter. It is truly AWESOME!
Ok, I’m pretty sure that’s going to be it for now. I’m sure if I think of something else, I’ll get it down. So stay tuned for next weeks edition of
Gentle readers, what will YOU be watching this week?